CHARLES W. LUCKING
4801 N. 29th PLACE
PHOENIX, AZ 85016
PHONE (480) 438-3328
A positive and creative entrepreneur and management professional with experience in new business development, online marketing, project leadership and recruiting, I am seeking a career in product management, project management, or recruitment that will allow me to flex my creative leadership muscles in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
RELATED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Freelance Market Analysis/Consulting 2012-Current
- Independent market research and consulting, including quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Current project: determining market feasibility for a mining/gemology company to expand into non-organic pigment market. Looking at price structure, market capacity, barriers to entry, and challenges with international marketing and distribution of raw materials.
Expat Records, Owner and Co-Founder 2009-2012
Vice President, Operations (2010-Current)
Director, Artist Recruitment (2009-2010)
- Analysis of market and competition for individual artists and local market share as well as company as a whole. Oversight of artist and company sales, accounting and royalty distributions, and interdepartmental cooperation geared towards achievement of corporate goals.
- Strategic Planning, Sales Operation, Marketing: Developed and implemented organizational initiatives and goals, which included promotion and sales/distribution strategies, brand expansion, creative use of Search Engine Optimization, marketing and monetization of music, new product research and development, and liaising between partners and stakeholders.
- Researched and developed systems utilizing emerging technologies for use in marketing/promotion and distribution, including SEO and application development.
- Successfully designed, developed and grew an artist recruitment system and worldwide network of Artist-recruitment (A&R) agents. Recruited and trained 15 A&R Agents and 32 bands and artists, and managed the A&R Department’s further development of the Expat Records roster to 30 A&R Agents and 100 musicians and bands.
SEO Ninja, Owner and Co-Founder 2011-2012
Director of Product Management and Strategic Marketing
- In partnership with Expat Records leadership, developed SEO Ninja, utilizing skills and industry knowledge obtained from SEO conducted for musicians.
- Developed business model, conducted market research and planning, and designed and implemented sales strategy.
- Operations and Product Management: led sales team, worked with clients on developing marketing strategy and materials, conducted SEO campaigns, and researched new SEO strategies and tools.
United States Peace Corps 2007-2009
Recruiter, Texas and New Mexico
- Successfully grew Peace Corps brand-presence through creation of a recruitment-network of professors, university leaders, community leaders, and former Peace Corps Volunteers in Central Texas, West Texas, and New Mexico, the largest geographic Peace Corps recruiting territory in the US.
- Developed and implemented new targeted marketing and recruiting strategies in accordance with the Agency’s initiatives and goals, including increasing numbers of senior applicants, ethnically diverse applicants, and highly skilled applicants for special programs through innovative and targeted marketing campaigns.
- Designed and executed recruitment training, leadership training, and skills-development exercises for new and established recruiters.
- Successfully recruited and nominated over 200 qualified professionals for overseas service.
United States Peace Corps 2003-2005
Human Rights/Legislative Development Volunteer, Independent Samoa
- Created and implemented strategy for development and funding for several youth probation and post-probation programs with the Ministry of Justice, and facilitated the development of Samoa’s first Youth Probation legislation.
- Designed and implemented strategy for development and funding of programs targeted at Samoa’s achievement of compliance with the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child and Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women, including family-management, women’s rights, and children’s rights workshops.
- Developed a women’s and children’s rights policy-related response to Samoa’s first comprehensive tobacco-related legislation and first comprehensive health-care bill, for the Samoan Governmental Ministry of Women, Community, and Social Development.
- Developed and led a series of grant-writing seminars for village leaders to procure funding for new grade schools, and implemented a sustainable diet/health program for Samoan villages.
ASU College of Law – Tempe, Arizona 2002
Bachelor of Arts, Literature
Claremont McKenna College – Claremont, California 1999
OTHER SKILLS AND INTERESTS
Intermediate/Advanced spoken and written Spanish, French and Samoan
Key Volunteerism Organizations: American Liver Foundation (Board Member) Volunteers for Outdoor Arizona, Valley of the Sun Habitat for Humanity, Voluntario Global Argentina, Battered Women’s Legal Assistance Project
Personal Interests: Music and Musical Instruments (I build and play guitar, mandolin, ukulele & charango) photography, marathon/triathlon, hiking/mountain climbing, cooking, travel and writing.
References Available Upon Request